Tuesday 14 July 2009

101

Este post también disponible en español más abajo.

Well I can not believe it myself. I have reached 101 posts in this blog. I also take advantage of this post and celebrate the second (late) birthday of this blog. What started on the 22nd of June of 2007 as a way of expressing my feelings towards a very undesirable situation has become the place where I gossip and keep records of my thoughts of specific aspects of my life.

Why did I choose the 101 post to celebrate it?

For different reasons.

1. 101 is a prime number :D (idea taken from the book "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time")
2. Room 101.
3. Tendency to have itemised lists with an extra 1, like 101 dalmatians, 1001 places to see before you die,...

I thought I should explain why I named the blog "De libertador a robot" (From liberator to robot). It all dates back from Uni where people had lots of ideas of sticking out and being different and not being one more in the big pile; in addition there were lots of people with strong political ideologies, all of this together kind of made us feel like Liberators. A few years later when you managed to finish your degree being sick of mediocre teachers and being broke for so long plus the sad reality of unemployment and day to day struggle slaps you in the face, most of idealistic people give up the idea of being a liberator and become robots that work in factories. Get up early to go to work, put up with disgusting bosses,stressful jobs and annoying colleagues and then 9/10/11/n hours later rush back in heavy traffic to return home. Next day is the same routine again and again and again till the weekend comes. Those two short days slip from hours hands like oil and we are at the beginning of the robot like life.

So the blog was named to narrate my own transformation. I have tried to keep away from becoming a total robot. I try to get involve in charity events and other types of events,I hate wearing a suit and I still find it weird that people can believe so much in some work project they are working on.

To finish this cheesy post, I would like to thank the people that encourage me to carry on writing, despite sometimes having a great lack of something to write about. I know this blog will die at some point and I know that you people out there reading me have a better idea of my life that people I share a house or even a desk with, but in the meantime I enjoy it a lot! thanks a lot for reading and commenting.

/*----------------------*/

Pues no lo puedo creer. He alcanzado a escribir 101 posts en este blog. Aprovecho también para celebrar el tardío cumpleaños número 2 de este blog. Lo que comenzó el 22 de Junio del 2007 como una forma de expresar mis sentimientos hacia una situación muy indeseada se ha convertido en un lugar donde se chismosea y se mantienen registros de pensamientos y aspectos específicos de mi vida.

Porque el post 101?

Distintas razones.

1. 101 es un número primo :D (idea tomada del libro "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time")
2. Cuarto 101.
3. Tendencia a encontrar listas con un 1 extra, como 101 dalmatas, 1001 lugares que ver antes de morir,...

Voy a explicar el nombre del blog "De libertador a robot". Todo viene desde mis épocas universitarias donde muchas personas tenian ideas de marcar la diferencia y no ser uno mas del montón, eso sumado a otras personas con ideologias politicas fuertes nos hizo sentirnos como Libertadores. Pero luego cuando se logra terminar la carrera con un asco hacia profesores mediocres, a estar vaciado todo el tiempo, sumado a la triste realidad del desempleo y la lucha del día a día somos abofeteados y la mayoria de los idealistas renuncian a la idea de ser libertadores y se convierten en robots que trabajan en fabricas. Levantarse temprano, aguantarse a jefes desgraciados, trabajos estresantes, colegas fastidiosos y después de 9/10/11/n horas retornar a casa en medio del trafico. El siguiente día es lo mismo, y lo mismo y lo mismo hasta que llega el fin de semana. Esos dos días se nos escapan como aceite de las manos y comenzamos la vida robotica otra vez.

Por eso nombre el blog como parte de mi propia transformación. He tratado de no convertirme en un robot totalmente. Trato de involucrarme en actividades de caridad, odio ponerme traje y aún me parece extraño que la gente se sienta tan apasionada por un proyecto del trabajo.

Para finalizar este post, agradezco a la gente que me animo a seguir escribiendo, a pesar de que a veces no tenia nada de que escribir. Se que este blog morirá y que los que me leen saben más de mi vida que la gente con la que comparto vivienda o escritorio, mientras tanto disfruto escribiendo. Gracias por leer y dejar comentarios.

1 comment:

Alexillopillo said...

Felicidades! y bueno, ojala el blog no muera hermano. Siempre van a haber historias por contar, reflexiones por compartir, y lectores por encontrar.